Keeping healthy is everybody’s business and one of the important Vitamins our body needs is Vitamin D, it helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body. These nutrients are needed to keep bones, teeth, and muscles healthy.
It’s one of the essentials so that we can keep our bones strong, it also helps regulate immune systems and neuromuscular system.
Here are the things you need to know about Vitamins D!
- Vitamin D Deficiency is strongly linked to Chronic Diseases such as Cancer, Heart Failure, Diabetes, etc.
- Studies show that 36 of our organs and tissues are regulated by Vitamin D, including our heart, lungs, brain, and bones
- Vitamin D is needed for calcium absorption among infants
Vitamin D Foods: Egg Yolks, Salmon, Yogurt, Soy Milk, Orange Juice, Margarine, Tuna, Beef Liver, Mackerel, Oatmeal, Shiitake Mushrooms, Cheese
7 out of 10 Filipinos are Vitamin D Deficient (based on a study conducted with Hi-Precision Diagnostics, where 8200 Filipinos from key cities in the Philippines were tested for Vitamin D Deficiency) because:
- It’s hard to get enough Vitamin D from the sun (indoor lifestyle, clothing, skin color, aging, and use of umbrellas or sunscreen limit Vitamin D absorption)
- It’s difficult to obtain from food (RDA of Vitamin D is equivalent to 40 eggs / 8 glasses of milk / 800g of salmon / 2 cans of tuna flakes every day)
No worries now you get your daily requirement of 800IU of Vitamin D with 1 Capsule of Forti-D a day for only Php6.50 per capsule.