Goldilocks, the country’s number one bakeshop, is once again hosting the 11th installment of its annual Intercollegiate Cake Decorating Challenge (CDC). The ICDC is renowned for being the only cake decorating competition in the country wherein students from across the nation compete head to head with their on-the-spot for Cake creations.
This year teams will be given five hours to decorate three cakes with corresponding themes. This will give them a chance to win a baking showcase worth a quarter of a million pesos for their school, as well as Php20,000 worth of Goldilocks gift certificates for the team itself.
An exciting twist this year is the integration of an overarching theme, which is the fusion of the arise This means that the competing teams will have to integrate the arts of fashion, sculpture, and painting into their cake creations.
“We set the theme of the ICDC to be fusion of the arts because we felt ‘t was important to show that different types of art forms can come together, complement, and integrate with each other to form something unique and beautiful,” noted Goldilocks Marketing Director Cherry Catuya.
Nearly one hundred entries weæ pre-judge to find the top ten qualifying teams for 2017. After a comprehensive deliberation below is the top ten teams;
- Technological University of the Philippines
- Asian College-Quezon City
- Pangasinan State University
- Lyceum University- Laguna
- St. Anne College of Lucena
- Calayan Educational Foundation Inc.
- West Visayas State University
- University of Cebu
- Western Institute of Technology-Ilo-ilo
- Gabriel Taborin College of Davao
Goldilocks 11th Intercollegiate Cake Decorating Challenge (ICDC) is a perfect opportunity to highlight future pastry chefs, and provide support to Hotel and Restaurant and/or Culinary Arts training at the school level.
The Overall Winner will receive a baking showcase (for their school) worth P250,000 with corresponding prizes given to the category winners and runners-up.
Intercollegiate Cake Decorating Challenge share one stage and one central supply bin, and decorate their cakes within a given time frame. This achieves three things, namely
- Provides the audience an opportunity to witness the actual process of cake decorating.
- Encourages camaraderie and teamwork within the representatives
- Provides intensity, urgency, and excitement. In line with the spirit of the competition, this experience allows the students to hone real-world skills under a simulated environment.
Goldilocks 11th Intercollegiate Cake Decorating Challenge (ICDC) Winners:
- Overall champion is St. Anne College of Lucena!
- Winner of Travel Cake Category is St. Anne College of Lucena!
- Winner of Wedding Cake Category is Western Institute of Technology Iloilo!
- Winner of Festival Cake Category is St. Anne College of Lucena!
Overall champion is St. Anne College of Lucena
Winner of Travel Cake Category is St. Anne College of Lucena
Winner of Wedding Cake Category is Western Institute of Technology Iloilo
Winner of Festival Cake Category is St. Anne College of Lucena